Thursday, April 26, 2012


Help Us Kick Cancer to the Curb! Shop Sister Moses to support research funding for a Cure!

The following is from our Aunt Cheryl who we dearly love and this is her story:



I am very excited to share about my daughter’s candidacy for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) annual Man & Woman of the Year fundraising campaign. She is running in honor of me. The winner is determined by the most money raised for research to cure cancer.

I have been battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma mantle B cell for the past 5 years. When she accepted this nomination, I was in my second year of remission. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. My lymphoma returned this past December and I was immediately scheduled for more chemotherapy in preparation for a stem cell transplant- which was performed March 19. It has been a  fight for my life, but God is good, and I am now at day 36 out from stem cell transplant… making it to day 100 is our goal.

The need is critical: Every 4 minutes, someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer and every 10 minutes someone dies from one. Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children under the age of 20. Lymphomas are the most common blood cancers and incidence increases with age.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s mission is to invest in blood cancer research for clinical trials, provide critical information, support and grants to patients and their families. $76 of every $100 donated goes directly back to their mission. LLS has invested over $750 million in research, over $72 million in 2010 alone!

Clinical trials are critical. The standard cancer treatment today was once a clinical trial! My daughter’s goal during this campaign is to fund a researcher for one year by raising $50,000.00. This is a very small goal in the light of the larger realm of cancer research. Please help her reach this goal. My first round of cancer I was able to participate in a Mayo Clinic study trial drug that I believe gave me several years of life… we need to keep researching  to find a cure for blood cancer.

Thanks in advance for your help for this great cause
Cheryl Hurley

Here's Our Aunt Cheryl Kickin Cancer to the Curb:

Look at those Boots! HOT HOT HOT!!

XXOO,
S.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment